Summer 2022

 The Filthy Flyer

**The Worst Publication in Cycling**


Head

The first actual month of summer has been a tough one for the DMW staff, but we have high hopes for the remaining days (not that seasons really matter anyhow; all are equally fit for getting lost in the woods).  June saw our corporate office, research labs, and manufacturing facilities all move to beautiful, sunny Hartford.  Come visit some time.  The weather is fine and the trails are great!


ii-V-I

As always, I'm full of excuses.  Life happened.  Riding bikes did not.  Here's the new schedule of the most important cycling events in CT this year:

August 26 - XCT-West Petit Depart (now on BikeReg!)

September 10 - The Harwinator

October 8 -Norwich to Windham Overnighter

Also worthy of note is The Eel on October 23. That one ain't mine, however, so if yer legs fall off, or you get eaten by wolves, I can't help ya.  Otherwise, it's a great ride organized by nice guy.

 

But wait!  Before you go run off over the dopamine horizon, clicking the delicious links I've laid out for you below, let's talk a minute about the XCT-West PD next month.  Now, I get it that some of you must be back in school, or otherwise prioritize responsible adulting over riding bikes and sleeping in the dirt.  Obviously, this is dumb, but I have some options prepared for you.

If you can only spare a Friday and Saturday, ride out to Waramaug, spend the night, and turn around.  Here's a great, prepackaged loop:  EC to Waramaug Overnighter

If you can only spare Saturday and Sunday, OR have the legs to bust out one fairly big day, we gotcha covered.  Try this loop that starts at Waramaug :  W-M-L Overnighter

Lastly, for anyone planning to camp out on Friday, DMW has kindly sprung for a campsite at Lake Waramaug State Park.  We can fit six total.  First come, first served.

 

Trading Fours

Track 1 : Track 2 : Track 3 : Track 4


Coda




Comments

  1. Ah, excuses, we all have those. Mine: I decided to explore the underside of a moving automobile just over a month ago, and while I was finally annoying enough that the hospital sent me home last week, I'm still poorly repaired for impacts, so riding is a no-go. In all the loop options, I didn't see one for my qualifications, so I have have to cheer loudly from the very distant sidelines for this go-round. So it goes, but may you all go with great pleasure, and may I go with y'all someday not too far in the future. Enjoy those bikes fellows and fellas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! So sorry to hear this, friend, but glad that you are on the mend. Looking forward to sharing some good trails with you when you're back in action.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment